Monday, October 10, 2005

Be Heathen in All Things

I attended a workshop several months ago given by my friend Rod Landreth. One thing that he said that really stuck with me was "Be Heathen in All Things." As I am attempting to grow and learn and truely be heathen, this phrase has stuck with me.

What exactly does it mean to "Be Heathen?" At this point in my life it means despite the huge heartache I am going through, it means getting up every morning, looking for a job, taking care of my family and going on despite it all. It means continuing to attempt to maintain right relationships with those who have hurt me.

But it also means taking time to take care of myself. It means taking time to enjoy my family and friends. It means when I am not strong enough to go on, I can lean on my community.

Do I completely understand what it means to be heathen? Not entirely, but I do strive to make myself learn more each and every day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steven Tucker said...

I think I've made the same exact kind of posts myself. I know right where you are.

5:19 AM  
Anonymous genealogy said...

I am looking for some good "genealogy records" resources for our ratings and review websites and believe it or not, yours popped up when I searched for "genealogy records" blogs. After reading your posts, I can see why Google led me to your site. Even though it's not what I am looking for, I'm glad I stopped long enough to read your posts. Just thought you'd like to know….. thanks

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day I was surfing web and suddenly I discovered website called www.home-businessreviews.com I discovered how to start my own home business and i was able finally quit my job where i worked one year, now I'm making 150$/day. I was able to earn such kind of money because I found some really cool home business reviews. At site called www.home-businessreviews.com

OK seems that site owner at last found winner online business program which helped him to begin his own home business, so he finally decided to set up website and tell about his own experience about making money online. It seems that he lost so much money before he came across winner home based business program which actually helped to make money online. But which one? Find out at site below!
[url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com]home based business reviews[/url]

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who reviews about
many
home business ideas

If you want to know more here it is
home based business reviews
www.home-businessreviews.com

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home